Where shagging is a way of life!
We are a non-profit organization that promotes the preservation of our official popular state dance known as the ‘shag’ and Carolina beach music, as cultural and historical assets indigenous to North Carolina. In order to achieve that purpose, this organization will have meetings, events, and socials at a variety of locations - and mostly, we will have fun together while achieving our goals.
Our club is known for its great members who are welcoming and friendly and offer hospitality, contributions to local and national charities, and enthusiastic community involvement. Our goal is to enjoy ourselves while continually perpetuating the growth and development of shag dancing and fabulous beach music with camaraderie between friends and our community.
We meet the third Saturday, monthly, and celebrate shag dancing with the best DJs around. Our DJs play a great mixture of music that will keep you out on the dance floor: beach, nitty gritty, blues, oldies, slow songs, line dances, and occasionally even a waltz.
The Coastal Shag Club is a proud member and supporter of the Association Of Carolina Shag Clubs and the Society Of Stranders (SOS) and the National FastDance Association. We are continually growing and looking for new members - come shag with us!
Click here for a CSC membership application!
History of the Coastal Shag Club
CSC Cares - Click for Details
Brunswick County Food Bank
Brunswick Family Assistance - http://www.brunswickfamily.org/
Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc - http://www.brunswickseniorresources.org/
Capital Hospice - http://www.nvshag.org/About-NVSC/NVSC-Supports-Capital-Hospice.aspx
Comfort Socks - http://comfortsocksonline.org/
Donations for the Troops - www.give2thetroops.org
Food Pantry of Brunswick County
Foster Care Children of Brunswick County
Give 2 the Troops - www.give2thetroops.org
Habitat for Humanity Raise the Roof - http://www.sloaneroofraiser.com/
Lower Cape Fear Hospice - http://hospiceandlifecarecenter.org/
Moosehart Child City and School - http://www.mooseheart.org/
NC Azalea Festival Shag Contest
North Myrtle Beach Fire Victims Fund
Operation Uplink - www.operationuplink.org
Shallotte Moose Lodge 710
Special Olympics - http://www.specialolympics.org/
Is there a committee you can help with? If we all pitch in - the workload is light...Click here to let us know!
CSC BOARD MEMBER – Attend monthly meetings to lead club and determine direction and goals. Increase membership and promote Inter-Club Relations.
· Publicity - arranging and distributing club publicity locally and broader club publicity during SOS and/or in NMB throughout the year.
· Inter-Club Relations – Invites other clubs to our dances. Attends other shag club & SOS events as a CSC representative; coordinates club road trips to other shag clubs or SOS group events (when and where we all meet)
DANCE AND HOSPITALITY COMMITTEE – Responsible for organizing dance facilities, determining monthly themes and decorations, greeting guests and making them feel welcome, and organizing food and supplies on the food tables, and coordinating pre-dance dance lessons.
· Decorations - 4 people needed for each dance to assist setting up food table supplies, table cloths and decorations for each dance (2 people arriving at 6pm) and tearing down dance (2 different people staying until completed)
· Greeters - Schedule "greeters" for the door on dance night to welcome dance attendees as they enter. Chat with new guests and make sure they feel welcome (what to expect, where is bar, restroom, smoking, etc) Invite guests to sit with members and if they are from another ACSC Shag Club give the name of their club to CSC Club President for announcements.
· Food – Organizes food and food table supplies at events including calling members, as needed, helping order and cook BBQs or Thanksgiving feasts, etc).
· Dance Lessons – coordinate club volunteers to give a free Basic shag lesson, or line dance lesson, before each monthly dance.
· Dance Ambassadors – Members who invite new single attendees to dance to make sure everyone gets the opportunity to shag, if they’d like to.
HISTORICAL COMMITTEE - Responsible for creating an electronic history of the Coastal Shag Club to preserve its integrity and use as a point of reference for future board members.
COMMUNICATION COMMITTEE – Responsible for creating and sending out all communications to club members and “friends of the club.” Monitor current communications for accuracy and relevance. Suggest improvements to communication. Document club events with pictures. Publicize events online and in newsletters and local newspapers.
· Newsletter – Published monthly. Contributes or gathers articles, info, jokes, drawings, or other items, and helping with photo pages, layout, stamps, labels, etc. Publishes committee’s announcements, as needed.
· Website - Updated as needed. Contributes or gathers info, suggesting web links, or other items (photos, etc.) to maintain and improve our web site. Posts committee’s announcements, as needed.
· Information Management - Monitor current communications for accuracy and adequate information and for suggesting changes or additions to current communications.
· Publicity – Communicates club events, achievements and charitable contributions from our club to the general public (newspaper, local web pages, etc). Creates flyers and ads and help post and distribute them.
· Photographer – Photographs events, as they occur and share photos with the Newsletter and Website teams.
SUNSHINE COMMITTEE - Responsible for sending “Care Cards” for birthdays, get well, sympathy, significant life events, etc. to members.
MEMBERSHIP AND EVENTS COMMITTEE – Suggests and coordinates outside events and activities for the club members to enjoy as a group outside of our monthly dances. Responsible for developing ideas to increase membership, to make membership as fulfilling as possible for current members.
· Bonus Club Events - bowling night, riverboat cruises, and club parties at local outdoor summer concerts, bus trips, and caravans to other shag club dances.
· Road Trips – Organizes trips to other ACSC Shag Club parties and events for a CSC group to attend together.
· SOS Parade – Designs and organizes CSC in SOS Spring Safari Parade.